Monday, December 20, 2010

The Christmas card...


Well, I'm back and I'm just going to pretend that time hasn't passed. There has been no gap in my attempt at blogging and no important events have transpired since I last posted...

O.K.

So, this morning there was finally a break in the rain, so I decided it was time to shoot the family Christmas card. December 20th... five days to spare - perfect. I wanted to shoot the kids with our precious and recuperating new kitty, Katy. But then Miley walked by so we snagged her up, too. This yearly event is always a challenge, which baffles me, as it is one of the easiest things for the participants to do.

1. stand still
2. smile

Yet it never fails that the kids are lame, I yell, the poor animals that were selected for that year's card fight to get away, and the end result is a mediocre shot of naughty kids with frightened animals. By the way, Bee and Danger Boy, Santa was watching...

And, as you can see from the evidence posted, that this year's session was no different. Except it was the animals that were fighting, not the children. They were laughing like goons - equally frustrating. Overall, a pretty accurate portrayal of our peaceful and loving family...

Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment