Sunday, July 17, 2011

give thanks and praise



One of my most favorite things to do on Sunday afternoons is cook. There is something theraputic, cleansing, even spiritual about it. It's the one time in our otherwise busy week that I can think about what's in season, read new recipes, or just relish is making our favorite old ones. It's even more amazing when some of the ingredients come from your own little farm.

This afternoon was one such Sunday afternoon. For the first time (I'm embarrassed to say) I made my own pie crust and used our peaches to make tiny lattice peach pies. RT and I had picked up a lattice pie mold at William-Sonoma quite awhile back and I had yet to use it. Today seemed like the perfect day.

A delicious gift in the form of a tiny pie holding fresh peaches from our own trees, glazed with eggs from our own hens, and accompanied by vanilla ice cream made in our beautiful kitchen.

Now that's a Sunday blessing!

1 comment: